Merlot Cranberry-Blueberry Sauce --- (Vegan, Gluten-Free)---
This cranberry sauce is full of fall flavors---clove and cinnamon. It is wonderful for Thanksgiving day as a side, fabulous on toast, and amazing on baked brie with pastry. It has the texture of jam, with the added intrigue of your favorite wine. Yum.
Let's make some Merlot Cranberry-Blueberry Sauce!
- 4 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (we used fresh/frozen blueberries)
- 2 (12 oz.) bags fresh cranberries
- 1 (750 mL.) bottle Merlot (or Cabernet or sub out your favorite)
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 vanilla bean pods (equals 4 tsp. of extract)
- In a large canning pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to rolling boil. Cut vanilla bean down the length, scrape seeds. Add to boiling mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes, until slightly thickened and cranberries have burst. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Place in mason jars, add lids. Place jars in near boiling water with 2 inches above the top of the jars. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
We have Merlot Cranberry-Blueberry Sauce!!