Outer Banks Seafood Gumbo (Gluten-Free)---
Fresh local seafood is in abundance on the Outer Banks! This scrumptious seafood gumbo recipe is a trifecta of lump crab, green tail shrimp, and kielbasa.
Let's make some fabulous seafood gumbo!
- 1 1/2 lbs. green tail shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- 2 (13 oz.) Kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 (10 oz.) Rotel, drained
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 (32 oz.) chicken broth (gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp. chili seasoning
- 1 (15 oz.) pinto beans
- 3 green onions
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and brown until it makes a roux.
- Add diced vegetables. Saute until tender (around 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic, kielbasa, pinto beans, and seasoning. Continue to cook on medium heat. Stirring frequently.
- Add Rotel, chicken broth, and water. Bring to a slow boil. Add shrimp and crab meat. Continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a low. Simmer for 1 hour. Stir frequently.
We have Outer Banks Seafood Gumbo!!