Ghiradelli Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Easter Eggs (GF)---
Easter is right around the corner and the perfect time to make your own special treats as a surprise your family and friends. These decadent (gluten free) homemade Easter eggs are way better than store bought...and are so worth the extra work.
Let's make some peanut butter Easter eggs!
- 1 (32 oz.) package 10 x confectioner's sugar
- 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 (12 oz.) bags Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any high grade chocolate)
- 2 tbsp. shortening
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sugar, peanut butter, butter, and milk until well blended.
- Shape the peanut butter mixture into large size eggs (palm size). Refrigerate overnight.
- In a double broiler, add chocolate and shorting.
- When the chocolate has melted, place a large fork or spoon under egg shaped peanut butter mixture and coat both sides with the chocolate. Place on wax paper to drain and cool.
When eggs are set, place on plate and decorate to suit your fancy!
We have fabulous, peanut butter Easter eggs!