Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake---
This old-fashioned favorite southern dessert is deceptively easy to make. We used cake mix, but you would swear it is completely from scratch.
Let's make some super yummy pineapple upside down cake!
- 2/3 packed light brown sugar (for topping)
- 1/2 cup butter (for topping)
- 1 box gluten-free vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice (drained from can)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can sliced pineapple (rings cut in halves)
- maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a small pot, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar. Mix well. Remove from heat and pour into prepared bundt cake pan.
- Place the halved pineapple slices and cherries around the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, and cake mix. Beat well. Pour over the pineapple and cherries. Be sure to add the batter slowly so the pineapples stay in place.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool about 5 to 10 minutes. Invert the cake on a plate.
We have gluten-free pineapple upside down cake!