Baked Pears in a Butter Rum Crumble (Gluten-Free)---
Baked Pears with an Oatmeal Crumble is the perfect after dinner dessert. Dessert doesn’t have to be super fancy to satisfy a sweet tooth. This time of year, pears are in season, and oh so delicious! That being said, coconut rum blends really well with the pears, and turns a simple dessert into something truly lush and decadent.
Let's make some Gluten-Free Baked Pears in a Butter Rum Crumble!
- 6 ripe Anjou or Bosc pears
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup pecans, crushed
- 1 cup coconut rum (optional)
- 2 tbsp. gluten-free vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Half pears, spit vertically with core and seeds removed. Place pears into grease baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium to low heat. Add brown sugar and vanilla, stir thoroughly, cook until mixture is syrupy about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the rum, flour, pecans, and oats. Cook util blended, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over the pears, pool in the center of the pears where you removed the cores.
- Bake about 30 to 40 minutes until the pears are tender when pierced with the tip of a fork or knife.
We have Baked Pears in a Butter Rum Crumble!
Serve plain, with vanilla ice cream, or caramel sauce!