Gluten-Free Classic Fried Shrimp---
Anyone living near the coast knows that it is time to get fresh shrimp off the boat. Nothing is finer than cornmeal battered shrimp lightly fried to perfection. The egg bath is a huge contributor to the crispy, mouthful of deliciousness.
Let's make some classic gluten-free fried shrimp!
- 2 lbs. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups yellow ground cornmeal, make sure gluten free
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- Oil for frying
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, and Old Bay Seasoning. Whisk thoroughly.
- In a second small mixing bowl, add eggs and whisk thoroughly.
- In a medium cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium to high heat.
- Dredge shrimp through the egg mixture and then dredge through the cornmeal mixture.
- Place in hot oil and fry on each side until golden brown (about 2 minutes each side).
- Remove from oil and place on plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.
We have gluten-free classic cornmeal fried shrimp!