Simple, Super-Easy Gluten-Free Buttercream Icing----
In the gluten free world of cake and cupcakes, icing reins as queen! It is the yin and yang, one cannot exist without the other. Nothing tops off a delicious gluten-free cake like icing.
- 6 cups confectioners 10x sugar, sifted
- 2 cups salted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons gf vanilla, or other gf flavor of your choice
- 8 tablespoons gf non-dairy creamer, warmed
Remember, sifting the confectioners sugar is the key to non clumpy icing.
- Begin by beating the salted butter in a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed until the butter looks "whipped."
- Stop the mixer then add the sifted confectioners sugar. Make sure to cover your mixer with a towel before you start your mixer on the lowest speed for 2 minutes. This keeps the sugar from dusting the kitchen (and you).
- Add gf vanilla and gf non-dairy creamer and beat for 6 minutes on medium speed.
VOILA!! The icing done!
- Thicker icing? Add confectioners sugar one tablespoon at a time.
- Thinner icing? Add gf non-dairy creamer one tablespoon at a time.
- Festive icing? (Ours is St. Patrick's Day green), add your choice of food coloring.
- Flavored icing? Add your choice of non-dairy creamer, we like Hazelnut.