Gluten-Free Hearty Chicken and Rice Soup---
Our goal is to help those new to "the diet" and struggling with the daily challenges. The best advise for those overwhelmed and new to the gluten-free diet is to focus on what you can have. Many things we love are gluten-free and some of those we love can be easily modified to be.
Another goal is to make fast, easy gluten-free meals that are yummy. Our latest is chicken and rice soup, you would think that the ingredients are both gluten free, a no brainer. However, gluten is hidden sometimes in broths and bouillon. This recipe can be converted easily with gluten-free broth and bouillon. Just make sure to read the ingredients, or even better, use ingredients that are specified gluten-free on the package.
Let's make some quick gluten-free chicken and rice soup!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (my carnivore kids like 3 lbs. for lots of meat)
- 10 oz. bag of shredded carrots
- 3 cups celery, diced
- 3 cups uncooked white rice (can substitute wild rice)
- 2 boxes 48 oz. gluten free chicken broth (we used My Essentials it specifies gluten-free)
- 5 cubes gluten-free chicken bouillon (we used Herb ox it specifies gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- Place chicken thighs, chicken broth, and bouillon in large pot. Boil and reduce heat to medium/high and simmer for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Lift chicken with a slotted spoon and shred into bite size pieces. Add chicken back to the pot.
- Add rice, celery, and carrots and continue to simmer on medium/high heat about 30 minutes until rice is tender. Make sure to stir occasionally so rice does not stick.
We have hearty chicken and rice soup!