Gluten-Free Italian Meatballs---
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic Italian-American dish, for those of us with Celiac or Gluten Sensitivity meatballs are usually a huge "no-no" because most are made with gluten filled breadcrumbs. We updated an old family recipe and made it gluten free, its a quick and easy recipe to add to your arsenal of gluten-free meals.
As always, this is a large recipe, it can be made into a smaller recipe, or make the entire recipe and freeze half for a super-quick meal later.
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 12 oz. gluten-free bread crumbs ( we used 4C Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 24 oz. spaghetti sauce ( we used Barilla Chunky Traditional---it's specified gluten-free on the jar)
- 2 8 oz. gluten-free pasta (we used Mueller's Gluten-Free Fusilli Pasta--corn and rice blend)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees, and grease baking sheet lightly with oil or spray with cooking spray. Put ground beef into large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, bread crumbs, and onion powder.
- Use your hand to thoroughly mix ingredients.
- Roll into 2 inch balls.
- Spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes to 15 minutes until no longer pink in the center.
- In a large pot, add spaghetti sauce and meatballs and simmer on low for around 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Serve meatballs over pasta.
WE HAVE GLUTEN-FREE ITALIAN MEATBALLS OVER GLUTEN-FREE PASTA.