Dark Chocolate Dipped Candied Oranges with Sea Salt---
This treat is pure decadence!! However, be patient this yummy treat takes two days to make, but it is so worth it. We made both the regular and the vegan version of this sinful candy.
Let's make some candied oranges!!
- 20 oranges (we used Navel)
- 8 cups cane sugar
- 8 cups water
- 3 10 oz. bags semi-sweet chocolate chips (for Vegan we used Enjoy Life Mega Chunks Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free)
- 2 tbsp. coarse sea salt
- Wash oranges. Cut oranges thinly into 1/8 inch slices. Discard the end pieces.
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil over high heat until sugar dissolves. Toss in the orange slices and slow boil for 2 hours.
Remove from heat. Place oranges on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Bake for 2 hours.
Remove from the oven. Allow orange slices to cool and dry overnight until tacky.
Dip oranges on both sides with cane sugar.
- In a double boiler, add the chocolate. Dip the slices halfway. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Allow the treats to cool.
- VIOLLA!! We have vegan dark chocolate dipped candied oranges!