Gluten-Free, Dairy Free Traditional Egg Custard Pie--
With a subtle hint of nutmeg, this traditional custard pie is a very simple dessert. In addition, this is gluten free and dairy free...and worry free. It is a perfect holiday dessert that is not too heavy and just sweet enough to satisfy.
Let's make some gluten-free, dairy free egg custard pie!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 6 tsp. gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 (9 in.)gluten-free, dairy free uncooked pie shell (we used Wholly Wholesome gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add sugar and whisk well.
- Add salt, nutmeg, vanilla, almond milk, and gluten free flour. Whisk well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 45 minutes.
We have gluten free, dairy free egg custard pie! Sprinkle the top with nutmeg and serve warm or chilled.