Gluten-Free Danish Fruitcake Cookies----
Christmas is fast approaching, and cookies for Santa (and the family) are in order. These cookies are decadent, so full of candied fruit and walnuts. For our candied fruit, we used candied orange and lemon peel, cherries, and red and green pineapple. This is a recipe handed down, and handed down, and handed down... Ms. Wiley Elliott originally started the chain. We modified this treasure to make it gluten free. Enjoy.
Let's make some Danish Fruitcake Cookies!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup candied fruit
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add gluten free flour and mix well until creamed texture.
Add the candied fruit and walnuts. Mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, dish out cookie mixture and drop on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for approximately 8 minutes for a soft cookie. For crisper cookie, bake 2 minutes longer.
- VIOLA!! We have gluten-free danish fruitcake cookies!