Coastal North Carolina Baked Rockfish (Gluten-Free)--
For generations, our coastal family has prepared time-honored recipes that are preserved as an important part of our heritage in this region. Savory home-cooked meals using the great variety of seasonal foods remain central to our Outer Banks family life. Fall is here, and with this comes fresh caught Rockfish (Striped Bass). This family recipe is super easy and satisfying....and everything is baked in one pan!
Let's make some baked rockfish!
- 2 lbs. rockfish filets
- 2 large onions, diced large
- 1 lb. bacon
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, diced large
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking pan with foil.
- Place rockfish filets in pan. Add onions and potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Liberally top with bacon.
- Cover with foil. Bake 10 minutes covered with foil, remove foil and cook for additional 20 minutes.
We have Coastal NC Baked Rockfish!