Gluten-Free Easy Pad Thai--(Vegetarian)--
Pad Thai is a dish that I absolutely LOVE. If it is prepared without the soy sauce ( and risk of cross contamination) it is a gluten-free option in restaurants. However, that is a pretty big "if"..... this dish is super quick and easy to prepare at home.
- 2 (8 oz.) pad thai noodles
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp. Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 4 scallions (white and green onions), diced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, add water to noodles (according to directions) and soak. Drain noodles. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add lime juice, soy sauce, Sriracha, Chili Garlic sauce, brown sugar, and garlic. Whisk well. Set aside.
- In a large wok, heat 1/2 of the oil over medium/high heat.
- Add scallions and eggs. Cook, scraping sides and bottom of wok to prevent sticking, until eggs are almost set. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat the rest of the oil over medium/high heat. Add noodles and sauce to wok, tossing constantly for about two minutes until noodles are soft. Add egg mixture, cutting the eggs apart. Cook for an additional minute.
We have gluten-free Pad Thai! Serve with a slice of lime and topped with the chopped peanuts!