Gluten-Free Crispy Fried Fish Bites with Homemade Tartar Sauce
Fresh fish bites are so delicious and easy to make. We used Drum for these bites and dipped them in a homemade tartar sauce. Fish sticks are one of my favorite, and a food I really miss. Of course, there are the frozen gluten free versions available, but they do not hold a candle to fresh caught fish fried into crispy deliciousness.
Let's make some gluten-free fish bites!
- 2 cups canola oil (for deep frying)
- 1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free bread crumbs (we used 4C GF Breadcrumbs)
- 1 1/2 lbs. fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces (we used fresh Drum)
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 3 tbsp. sweet relish
- 3 tbsp. dill relish
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Whisk until creamy. Cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Pour oil into electric deep fryer, heat to 350 degrees F.
- Set aside 3 bowls. In bowl 1, add the flour, Old Bay, salt, pepper. In bowl 2, whisk the milk and the eggs. In bowl 3, add the breadcrumbs. Set the fish and 3 bowls near the fryer.
- Dredge each piece of fish in the 1) flour, 2) the eggs and milk mixture, 3) then the bread crumbs. Place the dredged fish into the preheated oil.
- Cook about 2 to 3 minutes on one side. Flip and cook about 2 to 3 minutes on the other side until golden brown. Remove and drain on a plate with a paper towel. Repeat several batches until all fish is cooked.
We have gluten free fish bites!! Enjoy!!