There is nothing quite like a large pan of delicious lasagna.
A fabulous gluten free lasagna recipe can be challenging due to the fact that several of the usual ingredients contain gluten (or may potentially contain gluten). Most lasagna noodles are made from wheat. Packaged seasonings, Italian sausage, and tomato sauce are ingredients that need close inspection for hidden gluten.
This recipe is the perfect combination of bubbly cheese, meat sauce and pasta.
Let's make some lasagna!
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 32 oz. whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3 24 oz. pasta sauce (we used Barilla Traditional All Natural--this specifies gluten-free)
- 3 10 oz. Lasagna (we use Tinkyada Organic Brown Rice Pasta)
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot of boiling water with a little olive oil (so pasta does not stick), cook noodles according to instructions.
- On medium to high heat, cook ground beef until evenly browned, add pasta sauce, and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer on low. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl. mix together salt, pepper, and ricotta.
- Time to assemble the lasagna. Spread a thin layer (about 1/3) of the cooked sauce over the bottom of a LARGE baking pan. Cover with a layer of the lasagna noodles.
- Layer all the ricotta mixture next.
- Layer with the Colby and Monterey cheese.
- Repeat with a layer of pasta sauce (about 1/3) and noodles.
- Repeat another layer of the rest of the pasta sauce . Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over top of the lasagna.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted to a golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
We have fabulous gluten-free lasagna!