Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pie---
Sweet potato pie is a Southern traditional dessert. It is often one of the main desserts during the holiday season.....and it would be difficult to find a better way to use leftover baked sweet potatoes. Nothing is delicious as gluten free Southern soul food.
Let's make some sweet potato pie!!
- 2 1/2 cups mashed baked sweet potatoes
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 (9 in.) frozen pie shell, gluten free, (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add the mashed sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, the sugars, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Beat well. Fold in the melted butter.
- Pour into gluten free pie shell.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the filling sets and a fork will come out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for at least an hour.
We have gluten free sweet potato pie! Enjoy!