Gluten Free Baked Corn Pudding---
Typically, you will find this comforting side dish used as a food staple in rural communities in the South. The yummy texture of corn pudding is spooned out like a creamy, thick custard.
Let's make some baked corn pudding!
- 4 tbsp. all purpose flour (gluten free)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 (14.75 oz.) can creamed sweet corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the butter in a medium baking dish, and heat in oven until butter is melted. Remove and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and the flour. Whisk the eggs in the mixture. Add the milk, salt, pepper, and pour the melted butter in the mix, leaving the baking pan coated in the yummy butter. Whisk well.
- Fold in the corn.
- Pour corn mixture into the baking dish that was greased by the butter. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Until the edges begin to brown and a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
We have gluten free baked corn pudding!! Can be served warm or cooled.