Cinnamon and Clove Christmas Ornament---
Cinnamon is one of the magical scents that conjures pleasant memories of Christmas. This recipe is the perfect project for the kiddos to make. For our celiac kids it is perfectly gluten-free. Hung on your tree, this homemade ornament makes the house smell like Christmas!!
Let's make some wonderful, smell-good ornaments!
4 cups cinnamon
- 3 cups applesauce
- 3 tablespoons ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Combine the applesauce, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle flat surface and rolling pin with cinnamon. Roll out until 1/8 inch thick, use your favorite cookie cutters. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a toothpick to place a hole in the ornament.
- Bake for 2 to 21/2 hours.
We have super fun ornaments. Decorate.