Gluten-Free Egyptian Tomato and Cucumber Pasta Salad---
Cucumbers and ripe tomatoes tossed with pasta – is there anything better in the summer? Fresh tomatoes and cucumbers by themselves are fabulous, but the Greek marinade and feta cheese in this salad really puts them over the top. At our house, this is always a big hit at family parties and cookouts.
We like to use English cucumbers in this recipe. This salad is great with any kind of tomato, they all work, but we love to use Grape Tomatoes. However, use whatever you have on hand, especially if you grow or have access to fresh tomatoes. This salad is the perfect way to lighten up a classic summer cookout or picnic.
This is so refreshing, and the best part is that it is gluten-free.This is a large recipe for family functions, but you can scale it down for smaller affairs or a family dinner.
So eat up! Let's make some Egyptian Salad!!
- 2- 12 oz. boxes Gluten-Free Rotini Pasta (we used Barilla pasta made from corn and rice)
- 2- 8 oz. Abruzzesse Dry Salami or Hard Salami (we used Taste of Inspirations--it specifies it is gluten-free)
- 2- 8 oz. Athenos Tomato and Basil Feta Cheese
- 2- 16 oz. Greek Vinaigrette Dressing with extra virgin olive oil and feta cheese
- 3 cups Grape Tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 cups Red Onion, thinly diced
- 3 cups Cucumbers, thinly diced
- Cook gluten-free pasta according to directions, drain and put in large mixing bowl.
- Add Greek dressing.
- Slice salami, then half, then quarter.
- Makes about 3 cups, add to mixing bowl with pasta and dressing.
- Cut tomatoes in half and add to mixing bowl.
- Add feta.
- Dice cucumbers and add to mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Dice onions and add to mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together really well.
We have Egyptian salad. Serve as is, or chill until function. This salad marinades and is super delicious the next day.