Candied Bacon (Gluten-Free)---
Bacon Candy is a culinary treat for my children, who are self proclaimed carnivores. Candied bacon is a wonderful treat by itself, but can be added to enhance other dishes. This dish used REAL maple syrup and brown sugar. Perfect.
Let's make some gluten-free candied bacon!
- 1 lb. thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar + 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup ( not the stuff you put on pancakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking dish that has sides with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the maple syrup, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and salt. Whisk well.
- Add bacon and toss. Make sure every piece is coated.
- Line bacon in a single layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Remove from baking pan and place in a plate lined with parchment paper.
We have gluten-free bacon candy! Enjoy!!