Southern Baked Candied Yams (Gluten Free)---
These yams are the "real deal"----old fashioned, southern style, baked version of sweet potato deliciousness. Both of my grandmothers baked these candied yams. They are amazing and buttery with just the right amount of caramelized brown sugar!
This simple recipe is super easy (3 ingredients). Simply bake them until they are buttery and tender, and you have a delicious side.
Let's make some baked candied yams!!
- 8 to 10 red sweet potatoes
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash sweet potatoes. Place on cookie sheet covered with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Set aside to cool.
- Peel cooled sweet potatoes and place in a medium baking dish. Cut a horizontal slit in the potatoes.
- Distribute butter pieces evenly over the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar....or coat liberally with brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and brown sugar caramelized.
We have southern style baked yams! Enjoy.