Caprese Salad with Fig Condiment Balsamic Vinegar (Gluten-Free)
It's hot outside. I'm hungry, but it's almost too hot to eat. Caprese Salad is a simple Italian salad, and it's PERFECT for hot, hot summer days. The tomatoes are ripe and I tend to find things to make from scrumptious fresh, ripe tomatoes. This recipe is delicious and the colors are vivid. One caveat: There are no set measurements or hard and fast rules on how much of a particular ingredient to use.
Let's make some Caprese Salad!
- 3 fresh, vine-ripe tomatoes
- 16 oz. fresh Mozzarella (we get the already sliced)
- 3/4 oz. package fresh basil
- Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce
- Fig Condiment with Balsamic Vinegar (or any Balsamic Vinegar you chose)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch size slices, arrange on tray. Alternate slices of mozzarella and tomato on a plate. Place a fresh basil leaf on the top of each piece of mozzarella. Add a dollop of Basil Pesto Sauce. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
We have Caprese Salad with Fig Condiment Balsamic Vinegar!