Gluten-Free Three Cheese Mac and Cheese---
For those of us that have celiac or gluten intolerant kids, finding gluten free "kid friendly" meals is difficult. Mac and cheese is a dish that most kids (and adults) love. There is nothing in the gluten free world as good as scrumptiously made gluten-free macaroni and cheese. This recipe combines 3 cheeses to perfectly cooked noodles, and makes for a delicious side dish--or main dish.
Let's make some mac and cheese!
- 3- 8 oz. gluten free pasta (we used Mueller's Gluten-Free Fusilli Corn and Rice Pasta Blend)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups + 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups + 1 cup Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain but do not rinse pasta, pour hot pasta over butter.
- Add 2 cups of the Sharp cheese and 2 cups of the Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, mix really well until all the pasta is covered by butter and cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk milk and cornstarch and pour into pasta/cheese mixture.
- Pour pasta into large greased baking pan, sprinkle remaining cup of both cheeses. Bake for 15 minutes.
We have Gluten-Free Three Cheese Mac and Cheese!