Classic Semi Sweet Chocolate Mousse (Gluten-Free)----
Everyone needs a classic mousse in their repertoire of recipes!! This dish is showy and so delicious.
Let's make some semi sweet chocolate mousse!!
- 2 cups milk, whole
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, gf
- Heat milk over medium heat until hot.
- In a small bowl, add sugar and egg yolks. Beat until a rich lemon color and sugar is combined well.
- Gradually, add hot milk into egg mixture, whip well. Add back into hot milk saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken and stick slightly to spoon.
- Remove from heat, stir in chocolate chips, until chocolate is smooth and melted thoroughly.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Transfer mixture into medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Make sure to adhere wrap to the surface of the mixture. Refrigerate about 2 hours.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour whipping cream and beat until peaks appear. Fold in the chocolate mixture.
We have a classic semi sweet chocolate mousse! Serve immediately. Refrigerate the rest to enjoy later!!