Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken English Muffins---
My crowd loves buffalo chicken, and this recipe is a gluten free variation. The "crunchy" of the English muffins is the right texture to complement the "gooey" of the buffalo chicken. This recipe is gluten free and so easy!
Let's make some buffalo chicken English muffins!!
- 1 package gluten free English muffins (we used Glutino frozen English muffins)
- 1 large bell pepper, diced (we used a frozen mixture of peppers)
- 1 large ready roasted chicken
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp. pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Texas Pete
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place frozen muffins on a pan and heat for about 5 minutes to defrost. Remove from oven. Slice in half and toast for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil and bell pepper mixture. Saute. Make sure to stir frequently until peppers are tender.
- Cut roasted chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add diced chicken and pasta sauce to sauteed mixture. Saute until hot.
- Place butter in a microwave safe dish and melt.
- Add Texas Pete and pepper flakes to butter.
- Combine the butter mixture to the frying pan. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To assemble: Place a scoop of buffalo chicken mixture to the top of halved English muffins.
- Add shredded cheese to top of buffalo chicken mixture. Bake until cheese melts.
We have gluten-free buffalo chicken English muffins! Dip with favorite sauce.