Currituck Crab Cakes (Gluten-Free, Dairy Free)---
As commercial fishermen, we love to eat crabs. There is nothing finer than crab cakes to showcase all the deliciousness of fresh caught crabs. We have a large family so this recipe is large, feel free to half the amount or freeze the crabcakes for a later time.
Let's make some Gluten-Free Crab Cakes!!
- 3 lbs. crabmeat
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup parsley flakes
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups gluten free bread crumbs (we used 4C Plain Gluten Free Breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, parsley, celery, Old Bay, salt, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add gluten free bread crumbs.
- Add crabmeat (make sure there are no hard pieces of shell). Combine well.
- Shape into cakes about 1/2 cup each. Pat out. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Cover cookie sheet, place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Preheat cast iron skillet or large nonstick frying pan with around an inch of vegetable oil on medium heat. When oil is hot, add crab cakes and cook until golden brown, around 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Place on a plate with paper towel to drain.
We have gluten-free, dairy-free crab cakes! Serve immediately!!