Gluten-Free Raspberry Zinger Cake---
One of the treats I truly miss is snack cakes (i.e. Twinkies, Ho Hos, Zingers). I found this recipe from a blog called Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, and decided to make a gluten free version. My gluten free version tastes exactly like a Raspberry Zinger (at least how I remember one tasting), however, whereas the original recipe does not call for this, I had to refrigerate mine. This is just as delicious, but must be served chilled. Enjoy!
Let's make some Gluten-Free Raspberry Zinger Cake!!
- 2 boxes gluten free yellow cake mix, we used Gluten-Free Betty Crocker
- 2 (5.1 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 eggs
- 1 (6 oz.) box Raspberry Jello
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 cups sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla, gluten-free
- 1 (14 oz.) jar Fluff (this is designated gluten-free)
- 1 (2 lb) bag powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix and milk. Beat on medium for a minute or two. Add pudding mix and melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly in 3 prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove and let cool completely.
- Prepare coating: Put jello into a medium mixing bowl, add boiling water. Whisk. Set in refrigerator for around 20 to 25 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Return cakes to pans. Poke holes into cake layers. Pour jello on cake, coating cake. Gently press coconut onto the top of each cake. Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Prepare filling/frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, add whipping cream, butter, and vanilla. Cream on medium with hand mixer. Add Fluff. Cream. Slowly add powdered sugar. Beat until mixed.
- Remove cakes from pans. Assemble cake with filling in between layers. Refrigerate.
We have Gluten-Free Raspberry Zinger Cake!!