Gluten-Free Southern Blackberry Dumpling Cobbler--
This dessert is perfect for summer, the blackberries are fresh and delicious. Our recipe is the southern style way of making blackberry cobbler, the dough is dropped like dumplings into the hot, stewed blackberries.
- 4 pints fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 3 cups sugar + 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water + 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon + 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine 4 cups water, blackberries, sugar, and 2 tsp. cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil on medium to high heat until the berries have formed a heavy syrup, about 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the 1/2 cup water and cornstarch and pour into blackberry mixture continue to simmer on medium to high heat.
- For the dumplings: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the all purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon.
- Grate the butter into the flour mixture. Use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs, use dough whisk to combine all ingredients. Slowly add milk to mixture.
- Flour your hands and roll the dough into balls, drop the dough into the boiling blackberry syrup, and cook until they are floating to the surface and thoroughly cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes.
We have Southern Blackberry Dumpling Cobbler!