Gluten-Free Meatloaf with Glaze--
Gluten restrictions means that every ingredient must be verified as gluten free. Meatloaf can be a landmine, the glaze may be made of barbecue sauce (which may or may not contain gluten), and the meatloaf may be made with crackers or oats which need to gluten free. This recipe makes two loaves -- which usually feeds our large family or it means leftovers which can be made into meatloaf sandwiches.
Let's make some meatloaf!
- 4 lbs lean ground beef, at least 80% or above
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, bell pepper, onion, eggs, oatmeal, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Combine really well using your hands. In a greased pan, form into two loaves.
- The glaze: In a small mixing bowl, whisk ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire. Pour half over each loaf. Cook for 45 minutes.
We have delicious, gluten-free meatloaf!