Gluten-Free Hamburger Casserole with Tater Tots--
There are several different hamburger casseroles recipes, and they vary from family to family. What my family considers hamburger casserole is ground beef with lots of veggies, gravy, and to top it off we slice potatoes, or use tater tots. It is not a very pretty dish, but it is delicious and so simple to make. To sound like a broken record, this is a large recipe, It can be sized down, or make the full recipe and make two pans and freeze one for later.
Let's make some hamburger casserole!
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 3--packets of gluten-free brown gravy mix (.88 oz) ( we used McCormick Brown Gravy mix it specifies gluten free)
- 2--30 oz. bags of frozen hash rounds (we use Ore Ida Crispy Crowns they specify gluten free on the package)
- 64 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (we used carrots, corn, green beans, and peas)
- 3 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown the ground beef adding the salt and pepper, drain the excess fat, grease a large baking pan and layer the bottom of the pan with the ground beef.
- Layer the frozen veggies over the ground beef.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the gravy mixes to the water, then add the corn starch, and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over the veggies and ground beef.
- Top casserole with tater tots (or sliced potatoes) and bake for an hour.
We have gluten-free hamburger casserole with tater tots!