Gluten-Free Chicken Fried Tuna Bites---
Living on the coast, we occasionally have fresh seafood given to us. Our last delicious acquisition was giant bluefin tuna. In a true Southern tradition, we decided to cut this into bites and chicken fry it. The results were delicious.
- 6 (6 oz) fresh tuna steaks, cut into bites
- 1 cup cornmeal (make sure gluten free)
- 1 (16 oz.) box Gluten-Free Bisquick
- 1 half gallon buttermilk
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna and buttermilk. Let marinade for 20 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour and the cornmeal. Season with the remaining ingredients. Whisk well.
- Remove the tuna bites from the buttermilk mixture, dip in the flour mixture. Re coat the bites in the buttermilk and the flour.
- Pan fry in a pan with 2 inches of oil on medium to high for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or deep fry at 350 degrees F for 2 to 3 minutes until tuna is cooked thoroughly. Drain and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Keep warm until ready to serve.
We have gluten-free chicken fried tuna bites. Dip in your favorite sauce. Enjoy!!