Gluten-Free Skillet Cornbread---
One of the foods that sometimes has hidden gluten is cornbread. This is a great gluten-free recipe and is wonderful served hot in the cast iron skillet.
Let's make some gluten-free skillet cornbread!
- 3 cups gluten-free ground cornmeal (make sure cornmeal and not cornmeal flour)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 stick butter, halved
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 11-inch or 12-inch cast iron skillet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, in a 11-inch cast iron skillet place half stick butter and heat until the butter is melted.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs,buttermilk, and 1/2 stick melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the buttermilk/butter/egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the skillet with the melted butter, place it in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
We have gluten-free skillet cornbread!