Gluten-Free, Dairy Free Jambalaya Soup---
Soup is a wonderful meal.....everything is in one, big, delicious pot. Soup is so popular, that one of the most famous episodes of Seinfeld is "The Soup Nazi," about a chef with soup that is so fabulous he can be rude to his customers and if they do not adhere to his obsessive instructions on ordering he yells "no soup for you"!
Jambalaya is a wonderful dish that is even better when made into a soup...any meal with chicken, sausage, and shrimp has to be fabulous.
Let's make some Jambalaya Soup!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into quarter sized pieces
- 1 (12 oz.) Kielbasa or Andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium vidalia onion, diced
- 2 (32 oz.) chicken stock, we used Swanson is specifies gluten-free
- 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. thyme, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot, over medium to high heat, add olive oil, chicken, and sausage. Saute for 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and celery. Continue to saute for 10 minutes (or until onions are translucent). Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture, stirring continuously. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the chicken stock, the crushed tomatoes, seasonings, rice. Continue to cook on medium to high until a low boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Continue to stir so rice does not stick. Stir in shrimp, cook until shrimp is a lovely pink color. Taste and add salt pepper to taste.
We have gluten-free, dairy free Jambalaya Soup!