Gluten-Free Deviled Crab Pie---
Deviled Crab is a dish I remember from childhood, after our exodus from gluten this goodie was no longer an option. This pie creates an old favorite by making it gluten free. As usual, this makes two pies, half the recipe to make one, make two and freeze one, or do like we do and eat both!
Let's make some gluten-free deviled crab pie!
- 3 cups crab meat
- 2 (8 oz) bag shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Anaheim pepper, finely chopped (green bell pepper may be substituted)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups + 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1,2 tbsp. pepper
- 2 gluten-free pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crab meat, onion, pepper, mayonnaise, 3 cups breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and celery salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour half into each uncooked pie shell. Sprinkle half of remaining breadcrumbs and cheese on each. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly browning on edges.
We have Gluten-Free Deviled Crab Pie!