Gluten-Free Strawberry Jelly Roll Cake---
One of the fondest memories of my Grandmother Dowdy was sitting in her kitchen watching her cook--the wonderful smells and the feeling of love. She made a jelly roll cake, that until today I have not attempted. This cake is sweet confection, a comfort food, and fond memories--all rolled into one (pun intended). Any flavor jelly or preserve can be substituted. To make things simple we made this with a gluten-free cake mix.
Let's make a gluten-free strawberry jelly roll cake!
- 1 box (22 oz) gluten-free yellow cake mix (We used King Arthur Gluten free Yellow Cake)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- confectioners sugar
- 1 (18 oz) strawberry preserves (or jelly/preserve of your choice)
- Parchment paper
- 16 x 12 baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the cake mix, milk, eggs, and oil until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- In a 16 x 12 pan, spray with baking spray, line with parchment paper, and then spray paper with baking spray-- (I know probably overkill but, the spray sticks the parchment paper down on the pan.) Pour mix into pan over the parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes to or until a toothpick will stick into cake and come out clean.
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and dusted with confectioners sugar, immediately turn cake over and peel off parchment paper.
- Dust a little confectioners sugar to the side of the cake facing up, with the parchment paper roll the cake beginning with the longest side.
- Let sit until cool to the touch (I refrigerate mine). Unroll the cake and fill with strawberry jelly and re-roll cake.
We have gluten-free strawberry jelly roll cake!