Gluten-Free Double-Bottom Blueberry, Lemon, and Pecan Pie---
Fresh picked blueberries are in season and are so decadent. An old friend delivered this recipe to the shop (he does not understand the gluten-free), and said this is the perfect mix of ingredients for the scrumptious blueberries. Thanks Joe! This delicious, exotic pie is modified from the State Fair Competition that Marina Heppner won in 2007.
Let's make some gluten-free double-bottom blueberry, lemon, and pecan pie!
- 2 (9 in) gluten-free ready made pie shells (we used Wholly Wholesome)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar +1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 can lemon pie filling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Melt butter and brush melted butter around the side and rim of the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/ sugar mixture on the buttered part of the crust.
- In the remaining melted butter, add the cinnamon/sugar and pecans. Mix thoroughly until all pecans are covered. Spread this mixture into the bottom of the pie shell.
- Top with the second pie crust and pinch the edges together. With a fork place a few holes in the top crust. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until slightly brown. Set aside until cool.
- In a medium pot, combine the blueberries, lemon juice, lemon peel, cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar. Cook on medium heat for around 15 minutes, crushing blueberries as the mixture cooks and thickens. Set aside until lukewarm.
- Add lemon pie filling to the cooled piecrust and spread evenly.
- Pour cooled blueberry mixture over the lemon pie filling and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
We have Gluten-Free Double-Bottom Blueberry, Lemon, and Pecan Pie!