Gluten-Free Fried Chicken Drumettes with Orange Barbecue Dipping Sauce---
Drumettes, fried to a golden brown and dipped in orange barbecue sauce. Yummy! Most Southerners argue that wings are the best part of the chicken, and this dipping sauce is amazing (of course, you can substitute ranch or hot sauce). Chicken drumettes are one of the most sought out appetizers while watching the big game.
With football season upon us, let's make some fried chicken drumettes!
- 2 to 3 lbs. chicken drumettes
- 3 cups gluten-free bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- 2 cups gluten-free barbecue sauce ( we used Heinz Classic BBQ Sauce, Sweet &Thick)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a large frying pan--about half way up the sides.
- In two medium mixing bowls: 1) add eggs and whisk well; 2) add 3 cups breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge drumette into the egg mixture, then toss with bread crumb mixture to coat. Repeat with remaining drumettes.
- Fry battered drumettes in the hot oil in batches until chicken is golden brown on one side, flip and fry other side until golden brown (about 5 minutes). and no longer pink at the bone. Repeat in batches.
- Drain drumettes in a pan lined with paper towels.
- In a medium pot on low, combine all ingredients for dipping sauce, heat until marmalade is well blending with barbecue sauce, stirring occasionally until heated.
We have gluten-free fried chicken drumettes with orange barbecue dipping sauce!