Gluten-Free Grated Sweet Potato Pudding---
This is a classic family recipe, we enjoy this dish as a dessert but it can be a side also. It is delicious served hot or cold. Being farmers, this dish was served by my Grandmother Dowdy after the sweet potato harvest in the fall-- and especially during the holiday season.
Let's make some grated sweet potato pudding!
- 6 cups sweet potato, grated
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups melted butter
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes.
- Combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for 1 hour.
We have gluten-free grated sweet potato pudding. Serve hot or cold.