Red Bliss Potato Salad (Gluten-Free, Dairy Free)---
Potato salad is a dish that is fabulous for covered dish get togethers, for holidays, and cookouts. Again, this is another of my Grandmother Dowdy's recipes. Christmas Eve about five years ago, my sister and I met with our Aunt Louise to learn how to make grand mama's potato salad because grand mama had no written recipe. This is another of my favorite recipes that I treasure because of it sentimental value and it is the best potato salad I have ever eaten!
Let's make some Red Bliss potato salad!
- 5 lbs Red Bliss potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 large eggs, boiled
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 (7 oz.) jar sliced pimento
- 2 (12 oz.) jar dill relish
- 2 tbsp. celery salt
- 2 tbsp. celery seed
- 2 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- Boil potatoes and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Drain pimento and dill relish.
- Add pimento, relish, celery salt, celery seed, and pepper to potatoes.
- Dice boiled eggs. Add eggs, red onion, and mayonnaise to mixture. Mix thoroughly.
We have Red Bliss Potato Salad!