Gluten-Free Deep Dish Cheddar, Ricotta, Spinach, and Pepperoni Pizza--
It's hard to imagine the excitement of a gluten-free deep-dish pizza! The outside is crusty and the inside is doughy and soft. We make it simple by using ready made pizza sauce, but toss it up a bit with cheddar instead of mozzarella (but you can use both), we also added Ricotta and tons of pepperoni. This super cheesy gluten-free deep dish pizza is sure to impress the kids and the adults in the family.
Let's make some deep dish pizza!
- 3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3 cups warm water
- 1/8 cup active yeast
- 4 eggs
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2- jars 15.5 pizza sauce (We used Organicville it specifies gluten-free)
- 4 cups cheddar, mild
- 32 oz. Ricotta
- 6 oz. pepperoni (we used Hormel it specifies gluten free)
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl. combine yeast and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil, garlic, and eggs.
- Combine this mixture in large mixing bowl containing flour, and mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap for around 25 minutes allowing dough to rise.
- Grease two large baking pans. Half dough and press dough into dish with your hands (make sure to grease your hands), press dough flat handed. Bake 10 minutes without toppings.
NOW FOR THE TOPPINGS!
- Spread pizza sauce on dough, and coat with cheddar cheese.
- Top with pepperoni, spinach, and Ricotta. Bake for 25 minutes.
We have gluten-free deep dish pizza!