Gluten-Free Kung Pao Chicken---
This recipe is the perfect combination sweet, salty, and spicy! It is difficult to find fabulous Chinese that is gluten-free, and above that worry free. The most important thing to remember is have all your ingredients ready before you heat up the gluten-free wok!
Let's make some gluten-free Kung Pao Chicken!
Chicken and sauce:
- 2 lbs. lean chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 6 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 small bunch green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts (for garnishing)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken broth, dry sherry, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk well. Add chicken and marinade for 15 minutes.
Heat the wok on high. Add the cooking oil, allowing to heat up. Add marinated chicken (taking chicken out of marinade and setting marinade aside), cooking until chicken is cooked completely around 3 or 4 minutes. Add the peppers and onions. Cook until tender but still crispy.
Add the sauce. Continue to cook until it thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Viola!! We have gluten-free Kung Pao Chicken!
Serve hot with steamed white rice. Garnish with peanuts. Enjoy.