Gluten-Free Mint Grinch Cookies---
And the Grinch,
with his Grinch-feet
ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling,
how could it be SO?
It came without ribbons,
It came without tags,
It came without packages,
boxes or bags,
AND he puzzled
'till his puzzler was sore.
THEN the GRINCH
thought of something
he hadn't before,
What if CHRISTMAS, he thought,
doesn't come from a store.
What is CHRISTMAS, perhaps,
means a little bit more.
We love the Grinch! Santa was offered Grinch cookies and eggnog in our home for Christmas Eve! This recipe was liberally interpreted and made into a mint gluten-free version from a recipe on Simplistically Living...Crinkly, Cranky, Grinch Cookies
Let's make some Gluten-Free Crinkly, Cranky, Grinch Cookies!
- 2 22 oz. GF Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- Green food coloring
- 2 tbsp. peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups 10x powdered sugar
- 2 cups corn starch
- Wilton Cookie Icing (Royal Icing)- Red
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, peppermint extract oil, eggs, and cake mix. **FYI the batter will be really thick.
- Add the green food coloring until you achieve Grinch green.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar and the corn starch. Mix well.
- With a small ice cream scoop, get a dollop of the green cake mixture. With your hand roll out a ball, dredge through the powdered sugar.
- Place the balls about 2 to 3 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for several minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
- When cookies completely cool, use the cookie icing and freehand a small heart at the bottom of the cookie. Allow heart to dry completely.
We have gluten-free Mint Grinch Cookies!!