Gluten-Free Peppermint Cheesecake with Chocolate Peppermint Ganache (No Bake)---
This decadent cheesecake has gluten-free chocolate mint cookies (Grasshoppers) for the crust, peppermint cheesecake with Ghirardelli peppermint chunks, and topped with dark chocolate ganache. Enough said.
Let's make some Peppermint Cheesecake!!
For the crust:
- 2 7 oz . boxes Mint Slim Cookies (we used Goodie Girl)
- 1 stick butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 3 8 oz. cream cheese, softened room temperature
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups 10x powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz. bag peppermint chunks (we used Ghirardelli), finely chopped
- Red food coloring
For chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
- Sprinkles or crushed candy cane
- In a gallon bag, add the cookies and finely crush. Melt butter. Combine in a small mixing bowl, mix well.
- Press the cookie mixture in a greased 9-inch spring form pan.
- Place in the freezer.
For cheesecake filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar and whip until creamy.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until small peaks form.
- Add the whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture. Combine on low speed. Add the peppermint extract and the chopped peppermint chocolate chunks.
- Add the red food coloring. Mix well.
- Remove the crust from the freezer. Layer with the cheesecake filling. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
For the chocolate ganache:
- In a small saucepan, add the dark chocolate chunks and the heavy whipping cream. Heat on low, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Allow to cool. Pour over the cheesecake. Garnish. Serve chilled.
We have Holiday Peppermint Cheesecake!!!