Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Biscuits---
Most Southern tables are not considered complete without biscuits served with dinner. Sweet potato biscuits are a favorite that everyone enjoys, it is not unheard of for the biscuits to be the main dish served with butter (maybe some apple butter).....but definitely butter. Sweet potatoes give the biscuit the right texture, and they are never dry. We make "drop biscuits" the way Big Granny did by scooping the dough. Quick and easy to make, and super tender and oh so fluffy.
Let's make some gluten-free sweet potato biscuits! Happy baking!!
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 cups sweet potato, baked
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly the cinnamon, brown sugar, flour,salt, and baking powder.
- Put butter in baking pan and melt on low.
- Mash the sweet potatoes, add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the melted butter from the baking pan. Add egg and milk. Mix well. Mix the dough with a fork (results in a soft, tender biscuit).
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop, mound balls of dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
We have gluten-free sweet potato biscuits.