Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce---
For those of us with celiac or gluten intolerance, sauces can be a precarious landmine for hidden gluten
Homemade gluten-free cooking doesn't have to be complicated in order to be delicious, and this simple homemade marinara tomato sauce is a prime example. Made with fresh mushrooms, onions, canned tomatoes, and olive oil, this is one of the quickest and easiest ways to make a fabulous homemade marinara sauce which is gluten-free and also vegetarian.
Let's make some marinara sauce!!
- 1 whole sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. garlic paste ( gluten-free) or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 28 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tsp. sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 1.37 oz. packets of gluten-free spaghetti sauce mix (McCormick has a gluten-free product)
- 2 8 oz. gluten-free spaghetti noodles (for this we used Quinoa)
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil then add onions and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, sugar, oregano, parsley, and spaghetti sauce mix. Reduce the heat and simmer for for 30 minutes.
- While sauce simmers, in a small pot of boiling water, add gluten-free spaghetti noodles and cook as directed.
Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce!
Serve with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley or basil.
To paraphrase Federico Fellini:
Life is a combination of magic and (GF) pasta!