Cranberry Apple Butter (Gluten-Free)---
Cranberry season is upon us. There is nothing like their crisp, unique taste. Combining delicious homemade apple butter with this distinct holliday flavor is fabulous. These make wonderful gifts also! I could not wait, and as soon as it was ready I spread spoonfuls on gluten-free English Muffins.....Heaven!
Let's make some cranberry apple butter!
- 8 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tbsp. nutmeg
- 8 cups cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 35 apples (we used Honey Crisp),cored, peeled and cut into chunks
- In a large saucepan on medium to high heat, combine cranberries, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, cloves, orange juice, and apple cider. Bring to rolling boil, stirring frequently until cranberries soften.
- Lower heat to low, add apples . Simmer until apples are soft, about 1 hour to 1 and 1/2 hours. Stir frequently.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, puree in blender. Set aside.
- Fill clean jars to about 1/2 inch from rim, clean rim, screw on tops. Immerse in boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
We have cranberry apple butter! Enjoy!
One thought on “Cranberry Apple Butter (Gluten-Free)”
You ladies have the best food! Thanks for sharing recipes! Merry Christmas!