Cranberry Apple Butter (Gluten-Free)---
Cranberry season is upon us. There is nothing like their crisp, unique taste. Combining delicious homemade apple butter with this distinct holliday flavor is fabulous. These make wonderful gifts also! I could not wait, and as soon as it was ready I spread spoonfuls on gluten-free English Muffins.....Heaven!
Let's make some cranberry apple butter!
- 8 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tbsp. nutmeg
- 8 cups cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 35 apples (we used Honey Crisp),cored, peeled and cut into chunks
- In a large saucepan on medium to high heat, combine cranberries, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, cloves, orange juice, and apple cider. Bring to rolling boil, stirring frequently until cranberries soften.
- Lower heat to low, add apples . Simmer until apples are soft, about 1 hour to 1 and 1/2 hours. Stir frequently.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, puree in blender. Set aside.
- Fill clean jars to about 1/2 inch from rim, clean rim, screw on tops. Immerse in boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
We have cranberry apple butter! Enjoy!