Gluten-Free, Dairy Free Rum Balls---
Rum Balls are one of the "old foods" that I miss. For Holiday baking, Rum Balls are a necessity. This is a recipe that I have tweaked to make it gluten free. Not only are the Rum Balls gluten free, but dairy free and no-bake also!
Let's make some gluten-free, dairy free, no-bake rum balls!
- 3 (8 oz.) boxes gluten free graham crackers (we used S'moreables)
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar + 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tbsp. dark Karo (corn) syrup
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- Break graham crackers into pieces and chop them in Vitamixer or food processor, process these in three batches. Set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Process pecans in processor and combine with graham crackers.
- Add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and cocoa. Whisk well.
- Add Karo syrup, vanilla, and rum to mixture. Mix well into a sticky dough. Set in fridge for 15 minutes to firm.
- In a small mixing bowl, add remaining powdered sugar. Roll the dough into 1" diameter balls, and then roll the ball in the powdered sugar. Set aside on parchment paper.
We have gluten-free, dairy free, no-bake rum balls!