Gluten-Free Southern Cornbread Dressing---
In our home, cornbread dressing easily takes the center stage during Thanksgiving and the holidays. This recipe is a family recipe handed down from my Grandmother Dowdy that she got from her mother, and we converted into a gluten free rival.
**This recipe can be mixed the day before, wrapped up and placed in the fridge.
**This recipe can also be baked early the morning of the event, placed in the fridge, and thoroughly reheated when ready.
Let's make some gluten-free cornbread dressing!
- 10 cups gluten free cornbread
- 5 slices gluten free bread
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups onions,chopped
- 1 tsp. sage
- 2 1/2 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (24 oz.) chicken broth, gluten free
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 can creamed corn
- 5 boiled eggs, chopped
- pepper to taste
- Make cornbread for your dressing the day before.
- In a large frying pan, saute the onions and celery, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble the cornbread and the loaf bread. Add sage,salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, boiled eggs, sauteed onion and celery, melted butter, cream of corn, chicken broth, and beaten eggs.
- Mix well. Put dressing into large baking dish. Bake for 55 minutes to an hour, until lightly browned.
We have gluten free cornbread dressing.