Gluten-Free Pumpkin Torte with Cream Cheese Icing--
This Thanksgiving/Christmas dessert recipe combines the decadence of pumpkin, whipped cream, and caramel.....and to put this over the top delicious, it is topped by Heath toffee bits. It originally was published as a contest winner on the Taste of Home site. We converted this to gluten-free and VIOLA!!......we have perfection.
Let's make some gluten-free pumpkin torte!
- 2 (22 oz.) package gluten-free yellow cake mix
- 1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin puree, 1 cup set aside for icing
- 1 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice + 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 2 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (16 oz.) container cool whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray four 9 inch round baking pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, oil and 2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice. Beat well. Divide evenly in the four greased baking pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, and remove from pan to wire racks until cake is completely cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, the remaining cup of pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice. Beat until smooth. Fold in the cool whip.
- Ice the first layer of cake with 1/4 of the cream cheese filling. Repeat with the three remaining layers. Sprinkle with the toffee bits, and drizzle with the caramel sauce. Refrigerate.
We have Gluten Free Pumpkin Torte with Cream Cheese Icing!!